Xu SUN (孙栩)Ph.D., Tenure-Track Faculty, PhD Supervisor
Institute of Computational Linguistics, Peking University, China
Department of Computer Science, School of EECS, Peking University, China
Email：xusun (AT) pku.edu.cn
Brief Bio: Xu Sun is tenure-track faculty and PhD supervisor in Department of Computer Science, Peking University, since 2012. He got Ph.D from The University of Tokyo (2010). From 2010 to 2012, he worked at The University of Tokyo, Cornell University, and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University as research fellows. He has been a research intern at MSR-Redmond in 2009. His research focuses on natural language processing and machine learning, especially on structured learning for language, and natural language generation. He has been Area Chair and Senior PC (SPC) of EMNLP, IJCAI, and IJCNLP. He is the recipient of two National and PKU Young Talents Programs, 2012 and 2014, respectively. He is the recipient of Qiu Shi Outstanding Young Scholar Award (求是杰出青年学者奖) 2015, Okawa Research Award 2016, CCF NLPCC Distinguished Young Scientist Award 2018, and COLING Best Paper Award 2018.
- We have 2 papers accepted to AAAI 2019 main conference. Congrats Shuming and Liangchen!
- We have 8 papers (4 long and 4 short) accepted to EMNLP 2018 main conference. Congrats Jingjing, Junyang, Fenglin, Yi, and Chen!
- Our paper receives two COLING 2018 Best Paper Awards! [link][photo1][photo2]
- Our paper is accepted to IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing (TASLP Journal). Congrats Jingjing!
- We have 4 papers accepted to COLING 2018 main conference. Congrats Pengcheng, Yi, Junyang, and Hao!
- We have 6 papers accepted to ACL 2018 main conference. Congrats Jingjing, Wei, Shuming, Pengcheng, and Junyang!
- We have 2 papers accepted to AAAI 2018 main conference and 1 paper accepted to IJCAI 2018 main conference. Congrats Shuming, Xiaodong and Chengyao!